Life, The Universe and Small Things all covered in one friendly blog.
Remember DON'T PANIC! .

07 February, 2014

Inflation - The self fulfilling prophesy

I wrote a few days ago that I am unfortunate, I have a phone contract with O2, well I say phone contract its more of the CON as there are hardly any places here that I can use the phone, so after their second hike in prices I decided enough was enough and phoned the customer services to ask how I cancel my contract.
I gave up after I couldn't stand the music on hold any longer but I did get through with the online chat thingy.
 
The guy I got through to told me how wonderful O2 are and how they provide the best service to customers and all the usual guff that call centre staff have to say then he went on to really annoy me. He kept saying that O2 have to put up their prices because of inflation because everything is going up.
 
STOP RIGHT THERE.........

No one seems to be asking this question so I will, Everything is going up because of inflation, but what is causing inflation? Oh yes that will be everything going up in price, yes ?
 
Lets ask another way, wages aren't going up (unless you are a politician then feel freee to have 11%) so if wages aren't going up it follows that manufacturing costs aren't going up either...... I hear someone shout its the cost of materials that has gone up. Why? They are made/extracted/developed/grown by people whoaren't getting paid any more than they were. So the cost of materials is going up because of what, inflation? Its a circle of events and nothing is putting the prices up so where does inflation come from?
 
The answer is so simple . Inflation is caused by big companies putting prices up because they have to because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation, inflation which is caused by them putting prices up because of inflation which.............

(commas and punctuation may be added or moved in the above until you are happy with the way it reads. I tried but gave up)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You're not available to give George Osborne lessons in economics, are you? He could use the help!

    ReplyDelete